logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Europe boundary data for download

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed May 4 17:35:17 BST 2011

> Another issue:
>
> The locator r1935 can't find the national boundaries of Luxemburg:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/28711
>
> They belong to bounds_2300000_250000.bnd but if I run the gpx converter they are not in it.
>
> And maybe add
> België as variant to the locator LocatorConfig.xml, as well as België - Belgique - Belgien

To detect such holes automatically it would be very useful to have a
tool which reads the bounds file (this is already implemented) and
calculates the uncovered areas for each admin level (this has to be done
but is not very difficult to implement).

Anybody out there who is willing to do this?
I have a lot of other things to do and this would help to speed up the
development.

WanMil