logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search map information needed

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed May 4 15:35:57 BST 2011

El 04/05/11 01:43, Francisco Moraes escribió:
> On 5/3/2011 6:41 PM, mkgmap-dev-request at lists.mkgmap.org.uk wrote:
>> Any place tagged as city/town/village should be in the cities list.
> Not sure what that means. I searched for my street and it showed a near
> by area with a different name than the city the street is located at. Is
> there anything written on how the relationship of streets to
> city/state/country works for mkgmap purposes?
The way mkgmap (trunk) assigns streets to places takes into account
information from nearest place, is_in, is_in:* and addr:* tags and also
depends on the --location-autofill parameter value, but it is known to
work not optimally. Currently a new way to assign addresses is being
developded in locator branch, which is getting promising results, so I
think in short you'll have your street in your city;-)