logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Europe boundary data for download

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Wed May 4 11:29:33 BST 2011

I have found a similar issue with the village of Achterveld, which boundaries lies in two Provinces:

Only Achterveld in the province of Gelderland is listed on the device. Streets in Achterveld, Gelderland can be found and located, the other streets (in the center of the village for example, province Utrecht) are only listed but no loaction can be found on the GPS. In Mapsource everything works fine.

Maybe a good test case to debug?

----------
Clinton wrote:

On May 2, 2011, at 21:46, WanMil wrote:

> So r1935 has fixed the bug. The compiled boundaries need not be
> downloaded again. Additionally I committed the changes in the trunk up
> to r1932.

So far my tests with r1935 have been quite good.

I do have one issue though: when I send the maps to a GPS device (Nüvi or eTrex), if there are several towns with the same same, the GPS device will only list one.

Example: Walldorf in Germany. There is a Walldorf in Gross-Gerau, Rhein-Neckar-Kreis, and Schmalkalden-Meiningen. The GPS allows only Walldorf, Schmalkalden-Meiningen to be selected. The streets of the "other" Walldorf seem to be listed under this Walldorf, but the GPS cannot display them on the map.

- The addresses are found correctly using Basecamp for Mac OS.

- I send the maps to my devices using Garmin's MapInstall for Mac OS.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Cheers.