logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search map information needed

From Francisco Moraes francisco.moraes at gmail.com on Wed May 4 00:43:32 BST 2011

On 5/3/2011 6:41 PM, mkgmap-dev-request at lists.mkgmap.org.uk wrote:
> Any place tagged as city/town/village should be in the cities list.
Not sure what that means. I searched for my street and it showed a near
by area with a different name than the city the street is located at. Is
there anything written on how the relationship of streets to
city/state/country works for mkgmap purposes?
> You need to send the map to the device from MapSource. The
> gmapsupp.img generated by mkgmap doesn't (yet) include the address index.
Ok, I will have to try that again then. I tried to install the
gmapsupp.img file and didn't use MapSource to do it. Good to know so
that next time I try, I will use MapSource.

Francisco