logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Osmosis parameters required

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue May 3 16:53:00 BST 2011

>>> I've posted a question to the osmosis mailing list:
>>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmosis-dev/2011-April/001019.html
>> The osmosis list has the answer:
>>
>> The osmosis call has to be split to 3 calls (it is possible to use the
>> merge command and to make it in one call but the following works for sure):
>>
>> osmosis.bat --rb europe.osm.pbf --tf accept-ways boundary=administrative
>> --used-node --wb bways.osm.pbf
>>
>> osmosis.bat --rb europe.osm.pbf --tf accept-relations
>> boundary=administrative --used-way --used-node --wb brels.osm.pbf
>>
>> osmosis.bat --rb bways.osm.pbf outPipe.0=W --rb brels.osm.pbf
>> outPipe.0=R --merge inPipe.0=W inPipe.1=R --wb europe-boundaries.osm.pbf
>>
>> Warning: This really needs a long time to finish.
>>
>> WanMil
> Just to complete the information, this is the only osmosis call that
> worked for me to extract relations:
> osmosis --rb europe.osm.pbf --tf accept-relations
> boundary=administrative --used-node idTrackerType=BitSet --used-way
> idTrackerType=BitSet --wb boundary_relations.osm.pbf
> Without the idTrackerType=BitSet java heap space errors stop the
> process. It complains I should have used omitmetadata=true, but
> completed the task. I don't know if it is because I had previously
> extracted a bounding box from the original europe.osm.pbf

The warning with omitmetadata=true seems to be a known osmosis warning
without any effect. I have just ignored it.

As it is documented the idTrackerType is an option that can be used to
optimize the used-node and used-way implementation. If you give osmosis
more memory it will definitely work without the option. But in some
configurations it might be faster and less memory intensive.

WanMil