logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] "set name" and Address search

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue May 3 15:24:11 BST 2011

It is really practical for driving instructions, to add stuff like

/{set name='snowpark ${name}' | 'snowpark'}/

However in most cases, this is not wanted to be taken over to the
address search. There ideal solution would be to have 3 modi:

1. set mkgmap:name ....=meaning, this name will only be used for the
streetname, but not for the address search index
2. set name ...= current behaviour
3. set copy:name ...=take both the original and the new name into the
address search.

For 1. & 2. I hope they are easy to implement, and think it is really
needed.

For 3. I think there would need to be some more thought - probably more
complicated, but could be nice to have. I would want to use it to have
multilingual address search, but I don't know how much and what is
possible. Currently I use this for cities, so cities are findable in the
city poi search both under their local name, and under their english
name. Even better would be of course, If I were able to find 12
Teststreet, Vienna, Austria, but also 12 Teststraße, Wien, Österreich
but dunno whether this is acutally possible and won't blow up the index
too much.