logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Separate boundary files

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Apr 28 22:24:04 BST 2011

Wanmil, you could send it to me and I can put it online on the openstreetmap.nl server.
I've tried a bigger bounding box but after a few hours the osmosis process finishes and doesn't seem to save a europe-boundaries.osm file. Only if I use a smaller bounding box (around the Benelux area) it saves an osm file of 230 MB. I have tried to save it as bz2 too, but it doesnt help. The osmosis options are:

set OSMOSIS_OPTIONS=--rb c:\downloads\europe.osm.pbf --bounding-box bottom=41 left=-6 top=57 right=16 --tf accept-ways boundary=administrative --tf accept-relations boundary=administrative --used-node --wx europe-boundaries.osm.bz2

I've used osmosis 0.39

I have compiled a few more tiles but some results were not so good.

For instance all streets in this place (Etten-Leur) could not matched with the placename

On the other hand all streets in for instance this place Leusden, could be matched with the placename:

Both places don't have differences in tagging, and both places are in the centre of the tile, not on the edge.
I have searched in the europe-boundaries.osm file and both relations are in this file.

I also noticed some warnings like: Ccode == null name == Belgi# - belgique - belgien  What does that mean?