logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Did anyone realize cGPSmapper speaks Garmin NT?

From Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com on Tue Apr 26 18:22:14 BST 2011

On 26 April 2011 18:08, WanMil <wmgcnfg at web.de> wrote:

> What's the difference between 'old' Garmin format and NT format?
> Is it that NT maps are using the GMP subformat to group tiles into
> larger packages? Or are there any other specifics?

The word on the street is that newer features like speed limit display
and lane assist only work on NT maps, though of course, that may not
be down to the format itself. There are indications that the UMP maps
may support lane assist, though I have no way to verify this.

Dermot