logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing issues with multiple lines & address search

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Apr 20 16:43:13 BST 2011

> Wanmil,
>
> Speaking about the index, do you have an idea why when in Mapsource the address search streets are connected with the right city (map made with the locator jar) on the gps the address search is not as good and many streets are not connected to a place name?

I have no idea. Mapsource creates its own index when uploading the map
to the GPS. Maybe somethings wrong with the mkgmap index and that's the
point where it is revealed.

> If I compile the map with the regular mkgmap the gps finds more of those streetnames with connecting placenames but the results are less reliable than maps made with the locator (placenames are not always the correct ones).

Can you isolate the problem or give some examples where MapSource and
gps find works and some where gps does not work? Please post your mkgmap
settings also so that I can reproduce the behaviour.

> Another thing:
> If I dont specify country-name: and country-abbr: in the args file (because I have a map with several countries), I get a very ugly "ABC" as substitute for country. Can we get rid of this, better nothing specified than this which makes no sense at all. Same for "fix me" in the address properties. It only fills the map with unneccesary data.

I don't know if the country information is mandatory for searchable
garmin objects. That would be a reason for the default country.

The "fix me" is a relict of the old locator and can be removed.

WanMil