logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing issues with multiple lines & address search

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Apr 17 09:03:43 BST 2011

Hmm maybe it helps if I edit my style file rules, it could be an error in the style files...
Routing goes well though in Mapsource and on the GPS when pointing on the map.

This was not going to work in combination with address routing:

highway=primary & bicycle=no [0x0301 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 23]
highway=primary & bicycle!=no [0x03 road_class=1 road_speed=3 resolution 23]

type 0x0301 is in the overlays file defined: 0x03, 0x01

But this is working fine now without address routing issues:

highway=primary [0x03 road_class=1 road_speed=3 resolution 23 continue with_actions]
highway=primary & bicycle=no  [0x01 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 23]

For the 0x02 (bicycle routes) on top of other highways, I didnt use the overlays file,
but used the continue statement. This caused problems with address routing:

highway=primary [0x03 road_class=1 road_speed=3 resolution 23 continue with_actions]
(more highway rules)
bicycleroute=yes [0x02 resolution 22]

But since I have added highway=* plus road_class / road speed to the 0x02 line this seems to work:

highway=* & bicycleroute=yes [0x02 road_class=3 road_speed=3 resolution 22]

(note: bicycleroute=yes contains all the highways that have relations with route=rcn, lcn ncn etc)

Another problem with address search is that although Mapsource finds the streets with the corresponding place, in the GPS a lot of those streets are not connected to places. h=The GPS lists those streets, but it can't find a place and location. I can't find any pattern here, it can be an adjacent street in the same district, not close to any tile border, with the same tags as a street that can be found with a placename. It looks like Mapsource doesn't send the complete index to the GPS but only part of it.