logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Opening gmapsupp.img with Basecamp?

From Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com on Fri Apr 8 17:00:39 BST 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Nakor <nakor.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I spent a few hours on this today, but I couldn't get the nsis
>> installer working with large files - when I ran the .exe it would
>> crash complaining the installer was corrupt.
>>
> How large is large? i.e. how many maps, what is the size of all IMG
> files and what is the final size of the installer?
>
> I do fairly large maps and do not have a problem.

Thanks for the encouragement. I tried again and got it working - 780M
installer, 293 tiles, and got basecamp to create a 1.1G gmapsupp.img
file.

I've been keeping the gmapsupp.img files that basecamp creates in case
there's information in them that can help the reverse engineering of
the HEADS and CYLINDERS and suchlike.

Cheers,
Andy