logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Exception introduced in r1725

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Apr 7 20:17:27 BST 2011

Hi Andy

> I realised I was having problems with the newest stable and not with
> an older version, so I went back through and did some bisecting. r1725
> appears to cause issues for me when generating large gmapsupp.img

Well that is very interesting as that change is directly about creating
gmapsupp.img files.

It originate from the following:

http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2010q4/009328.html

Looking at this again, I think that although the original code is
'obviously' wrong, the new code is not correct either.  It should be
Dirent.ENTRY_SIZE instead of DirectoryEntry.SLOTS_PER_ENTRY.

And the assert should definitely be there. There are two reasons for
that. 1) I don't know that numbers other than 1 are allowed. 2) The rest
of the code is written to make it 1. If that code is failing we need to
know about it.

Attached patch is what I think it should be.

..Steve