logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What exactly does this error mean and how to fix it

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Apr 7 14:37:46 BST 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 10:40:08PM +1000, Peter & Suzie wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I have been going through the mkgmap log fixing problem it's picked
>up, most are self explanitory but the one below I cannot see how to
>fix it.
>I can see the node does share a motorway, not sure what is wrong.
>
>2011/04/05 16:56:42 WARNING (StyledConverter): 63240007.osm.gz:
>Motorway exit E3
>(http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=-37.83159&mlon=145.00286&zoom=17)
>has no motorway! (either make the exit share a node with the motorway
>or specify the motorway ref with a exit:road_ref tag)

The node http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/27123754 is properly
connected to the CityLink motorway, but there is no ref specified on the
two CityLink motorway sections. Add the ref on the CityLink ways to make
mkgmap happy.

Sometimes, you have a branching motorway exit ramp. The exit:road_ref
would be useful for those cases.

	Marko