logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Another sea (or lakes) bug

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Apr 3 15:39:58 BST 2011

>> Another great test simple case!
>> But: are you sure that generate-sea=polygon really works?
>> I have tested
>> generate-sea=multipolygon,extends-sea-sectors,close-gaps=5000 and
>> generate-sea=polygon,extends-sea-sectors,close-gaps=5000 but both
>> created the same result displayed on the left in your image.
>>
>> Please post your mkgmap options if you are sure that polygon works for you.
> Hi,
>
> generate-sea=extends-sea-sectors    works
> generate-sea=multipolygon           does not
>
> I did not even know that you could combine those.
>
> Thanks,
>
> N.

It's my fault. I edited the wrong config file.....

Your results are quite expectable and are correct!
multipolygon is set as default for generate-sea.
So generate-sea=extend-sea-sectors is interpreted as
generate-sea=multipolygon,extend-sea-sectors.

Why does generate-sea=multipolygon without extend-sea-sectors not work?
The land mass in the south east of the tile does not hit the east tile
border. extend-sea-sectors fills the gap between the tile border and the
unclosed polygon. If extend-sea-sectors is not defined the polygon is
closed in a very poor way which you see on the right in your image.

WanMil