logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Another sea (or lakes) bug

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Apr 3 14:41:23 BST 2011

> Hello,
>
> I have been playing with the new patch and found another tile where
> there was issues.The tile covers the southern part of lake Huron:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=-83.71582029999999&minlat=42.8027344&maxlon=-81.3427734&maxlat=44.296875&box=yes
> (disregard the flood in the southeast corner in Mapnik this was due to a
> now fixed broken coastline).
>
> In that case extend-sea works fine but multipolygon fails. I have been
> able to reproduce this on the fairly simple attached file. See also
> attached screenshot for the result tile as generated by mkgmap using
> both options.
>
> Thanks,
>
> N.

Another great test simple case!
But: are you sure that generate-sea=polygon really works?
I have tested
generate-sea=multipolygon,extends-sea-sectors,close-gaps=5000 and
generate-sea=polygon,extends-sea-sectors,close-gaps=5000 but both
created the same result displayed on the left in your image.

Please post your mkgmap options if you are sure that polygon works for you.

WanMil