logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Opening gmapsupp.img with Basecamp?

From Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com on Fri Apr 1 14:59:13 BST 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> wrote:

>> I'm happy to do some more experimentation / testing patches etc if you
>> can give me some things to try.
>
> Could you try the attached patch please.  If it works it should take it
> up to 512M.
>
> If you need more than that there will have to be some experimentation to
> find out what is implemented. Actual devices ignore all this as far as I
> know.

Initial testing is good - I got an image of 172M working fine. Thanks!
I haven't yet tested all the way to 512M.

It would be great for me if images up to 2G in total were supported.
Next week I'll try Felix's suggestions of going via the mapsource
installer and see if I can generate large gmapsupp.img files that big
that Basecamp is happy with. That might give us some hints as to
what's ultimately possible.

Cheers,
Andy