logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter and .pbf

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Mar 30 19:23:24 BST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 04:44:36PM +0100, Bob Hawkins wrote:
>I was advised recently that I could use the much smaller .pbf file
>rather than .bz2 from Geofabrik, but that I had to use a particular
>splitter, in this case r161-3.

There used to be a splitter crosby_integration (sp?) branch r161 that
did not package all the required .jar files. Steve prepared two or three
builds of that. The code was later merged to
http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/splitter/trunk with all the required library
.jar files. The current revision is r170, which I am using.

The osm.pbf is not only about file size, but also about processing speed
and possibly memory usage.

	Marko