logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address unknown?

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Sun Mar 27 10:45:16 BST 2011

n Willink (nw at pinns.co.uk) wrote:

> Is it possible to show addresses on Mapsource etc?
>
> I've tried adding
>
> addr=housenumber [ 0 x etc ]
> addr=* [ etc ]
> address=* [ etc ]
>
> to the points file.
>
> However,the img file created using mkgmap does not include the typ number I
> had reserved.
> ie looking at the POI Types in the TRE all my other types are listed so I
> know the addr: doesn't seem to work, or does it?
>
> Regards
>
> Nick
>
> --
Er, not sure what you're trying to do here.  If an OSM object contains
address information and you use an appropriate Garmin type code*, then
mkgmap will complete the address fields of the Garmin object using the
OSM addr: tags and the phone=x tag too, if available.  These are
visible in both mapsource and on your GPS.

* Not all Garmin type codes can accept address information.  As a rule
of thumb, assume that the only type codes that can are in the range:
0x2a00 to 0x32ff

--
Charlie