logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] LOCATOR: doubt about "contains no name tag" messages

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Mar 23 20:06:26 GMT 2011

> Processing spain.osm.pbf from Geofabrik I get several "contains no name
> tag" messages that point to ways tagged in the form:
> admin_level=8
> boundary=administrative
> It's true they don't have a tag name, but they belong to relations with
> the same tags + a name and the relation is fully within the tile, so
> it's supposed they should get the name from the relation. Additionally,
> there are thousands of ways in Spain tagged in the same way (all
> administrative boundaries were imported that way) that don't trigger the
> same warning.
> As an example you can have a look at way 45338454. It's about 2 km away
> from the tile border.

Carlos,

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem probably due to different input
data or different splitter settings. Geofabrik seems to be down at the
moment so no real chance to get the same input data.

If way 45338454 is only 2 km away from the tile border than it might be
possible that it is contained in two tiles due to the splitter overlap.
Please check if the warning message applies to the tile in which the way
and the relation is contained completely.

Anyhow I have synchronized changes from the trunk to the locator branch.
Please try again with these changes. At least it should reduce the
number of such warning messages.

WanMil