logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Visiblity of nodes vs. polygon pois

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Wed Mar 23 16:41:38 GMT 2011

Hi,

I don't understand this:

There are hospitals some of which are mapped as points and some as polygons.

I have these rules for hospitals:

[polygons]
amenity=hospital [0x0b level 3]

[points]
amenity=hospital [0x4b01 level 3]

My options map level 3 to resolution 21.

If I understand it correctly mkgmap adds points with amenity=hospital
for the polygons, right?

I assumed that all of these hospital points have equal visibility, but
they don't.

All POIs of hospitals which are mapped as polygons in OSM are visible up
to zoomlevel 200 m, but all hospital POIs which were mapped in OSM as
points are visible up to 1,5 km.

Why?

BTW, all of theses POIs show the same correct symbol from my typ file.