logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] OT: Garmin Edge 705 FAT recovery needed

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Mar 23 09:15:44 GMT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:36:51AM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>The next step is to create a map from image file offsets in
>gmapbmap.img-addr to file offsets in the real gmapbmap.img

I did that. It turns out that there is exactly one gap. The first
cluster is at 0x3e200, the very first data cluster, and subsequent
clustes are located from 0x4a200 onwards. My explanation for the gap is
that Garmin wrote a single-cluster file to 0x3e200, then wrote some
files and the Garmin subdirectory, and finally deleted that
single-cluster file before writing Garmin\gmapbmap.img.

I am sure that I have not deleted or rewritten the gmapbmap.img, and
another image has gmapbmap.img starting in the very first data sector as
well.

	Marko