logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From Bartosz Fabianowski bartosz at fabianowski.eu on Mon Mar 21 22:16:47 GMT 2011

> OFFTOPIC: I suggest to download the pbf-files.

Yes, of course. The use of osm.bz2 files is a legacy decision. I have
some mkgmap-related scripts that I wrote a long time ago and have not
updated yet. So to make sure I can use my data files with these, I am
sticking with osm.bz2 for now.

Now, back onto topic:

I just generated a map of Ireland. Identical settings, tool chain - and
search works on my Vista. So this is *not* a regression but a genuine
bug: Search will work on Oregon for both Italy and Ireland. It will only
work on a vista for the latter of the two.

Italian has more diacritical marks and these did cause trouble in the
past. But Ireland has some diacritics as well - and everything is well
there.

So, how should we go about debugging this?

- Bartosz