logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Mon Mar 21 21:10:57 GMT 2011

Hello Bartosz,

I've make a map and uploaded the tile arround Torino.
www.snailrun.de/images/gmapsupp.img.zip
Download it, unzip it and copy it to your Garmin.
For me it works on my Oregon. I can find many streets within Torino.
What have I done:
-Downloaded italy.osm.pbf
-Splittet the file into tiles (max 1000000 nodes)
- Downloaded mkgmap from trunk and created the map with:
java -Xmx1024M -jar mkgmap/dist/mkgmap.jar --latin1 --series-
name=MkgmapIndex --family-name=MkgmapTest --remove-short-arcs --index
--net --route --tdbfile --nsis --merge-lines --location-autofill=0 --
country-name=Italia --country-abbr=ITA --area-name=ITA ./tiles_italy/
*.osm.gz
- Merged all files with gmapi-builder and installed the map with
Garmin MapInstaller
- Installed the Map on my Oregon