logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] broken charset in latest mkgmap

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sat Mar 19 14:13:42 GMT 2011

Am 19.03.2011 13:36, schrieb Steve Ratcliffe:
>> Should we print out a warning if someone still uses the options charset
>>
>> and/or lower-case? Or should we remove these options?
>> This seems to be a common pitfall since the index branch has been
>> merged.
>>
> I agree, and go further, I would like to through every option including the ones that Felix mentions from time and ask if it should exist, if the default should change or if it should be combined with others.
>
> Running mkgmap without any options at all should produce a reasonable map in most cases with options being for tweeks, adding information or dealing with difficult data

As this themes are discussed now at the mailing list, I have another
suggestion with the options.

I would like the options beeing embedded in the options file in the
styles. There they belongs to. Then it would be possible to set e.g. the
dpfilter settings and the min polygon size for a cycle map to other
values than for a street map. In the default style could reasonable
default settings be set.

Regards,
Johann