logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Opening gmapsupp.img with Basecamp?

From Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com on Thu Mar 17 19:09:40 GMT 2011

Hi All,

I've been experimenting with Garmin BaseCamp opening gmapsupp.img
files that I create. It works fine for some files (even getting the
.TYP styling correct) but not for others. After a few hours of testing
it seems that it'll open gmapsupp.img files created from 1-20 .osm
files but not 30+ .osm files. I'm not certain yet if it's the exact
number of files, or the combined size that triggers the failure.

Does anyone have any experience with this? or know if there's a
particular limit? Anyone been able to generate gmapsupp.img covering
(say) the whole UK and get them to open with BaseCamp?

I'm willing to do more troubleshooting if that'll help.

Cheers,
Andy

Using mkgmap-r1867
Files split with splitter.jar --max-nodes=900000

java -Xmx3000M -jar ../../mkgmap-r1867/mkgmap.jar \
 --family-name="OSM" \
 --series-name="OSM" \
 --family-id=88 \
 --product-id=77 \
 --gmapsupp \
 --country-abbr="GBR" \
 --route --net --remove-short-arcs \
 --style-file=../../mkgmap-r1867/resources/styles/cyclemap \
 /home/andy/uk/533300[123]*.osm.gz \
 ../M0000058.TYP