logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with --index and 812KB _mdr.img files & "warning using default sort"

From Felix Hartman extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Mar 16 01:14:17 GMT 2011

Okay, well found out that the broken size is always the same. So for
now on I just look whether *_mdr.img is smaller than 828KB (that's the
smallest working I could produce for tiny map) and if found, I know
the compile failed. The problematic thing on this error is, that
usually if _mdr.img cannot be created because of memory shortage, also
the overview map is not created. However you can run into the problem
that the overview map is created but the index cannot be written out
due to low memory and hence a crash that I did not expect. As long as
the broken *_mdr.img does not increase in size, I can work without any
patch to this (ideally though mkgmap should delete the tdb, the
overview map and the _mdr.img in case of low memory so it's harder to
run into such problems (the problem is here, that while you can open
the map in mapsource, trying to send the map to the gps will crash
Mapsource severly, needing to close it via task-manager)