logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New locator branch

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Mar 10 13:27:36 GMT 2011

Thanks Wanmil,

I tested a few tiles of the Benelux, and finally I found the street where I live in the correct city, and not in a neighbourhood village anymore. Congratulations, you have done a great job! :-)

For the Netherlands, streetnames assign to admin_level=10 or else (if not specified) assign to admin_level=8 (municipality) works great:

mkgmap:country=NLD & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level10=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level10}' }
mkgmap:country=NLD & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8}' }

A warning that shows up a few times while compiling:
"cannot process location element, because it contains no name tag" but I don't know if this is a big issue.

Some test results on a Dakota:

A city was assigned to the wrong Province (Amersfoort, Gelderland, NL)
but the street in this city shows the correct location (Amersfoort, Utrecht, NL).

Could this be caused by the fact that part of the province polygon of Utrecht was not
complete in those tiles? Note that this city lies on the border of both provinces.

As a result, if I look up the street and enter the city first, it finds the street within the city,
but no results show up if I click on the streetname.
If I skip the city name and enter the streetname directly, it shows the correct location.

This is not a big issue, since I could skip the region values in the style files (and I don't care so much about provinces) but I mention it anyway.

For my Benelux map I'd like to know what style definitions works best in other surrounding countries (Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg)

Cheers, Minko