logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sensible resolutions - (or patch 5)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Mar 10 11:18:00 GMT 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 11:34:30PM +0100, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>Could this patch be included?
>
>I really think maps in Western Europe (where most mkgmap users are) look
>much better on a) old GPS like etrex b) street units like Nuvi 255W or
>c) Mapsource/Basecamp/Qlandkarte GT.
>About 2 month ago the resolutions for POI got lowered to sensible
>defaults (they were also way off, but on GPS this usually wouldn't get
>noticed as they simply did not shown them) - polygons and streets (very
>slight changes) should follow.

Sorry, I am currently busy with work and other duties, until next week
at least.

If I remember correctly, your patch would lower the visibility of
motorways as well. What would become visible first when zooming in from
the widest possible level? Only sea polygons?

	Marko