logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Encoding problems

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Mar 7 11:47:37 GMT 2011

Hi

> --help=options not-too-helpfully says about "--code-page" :
>
> "TODO: explain what this does, and why one would or would not want to do
> it."

Yes, that is not very useful...

There are two options concerned with character sets which were added
before I really understood the possibilities and so they were to allow
for experimentation.

The code-page option is the one to use now. It is a number 1252, 1257
etc.

The charset option is currently not useful, it should probably be
removed and/or renamed. If given it is a string.

I'll update the documentation to reflect this.

..Steve