logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Include the following patches into trunk -- Patch4 - decrease douglas peucker error

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Fri Mar 4 20:29:48 GMT 2011

Am 03.03.2011 22:56, schrieb Felix Hartmann:

> On 03.03.2011 22:37, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>> For lines it works perfect. But somehow polygons really get munged and
>> destructed (lots of straight line holes - that are fewer without this
>> patch).
>>
>> Could you check what is going on for polygons? For polygons the old
>> algo should be used, it looks like it would be even worse than the
>> straight line algo has ever been before.
> Sorry, for my complaint. Polygons are nice up to level 21. But really
> bad from level 20 down. The new aggressive filter should only be for
> lines, not for polygons as it does not work well for them.
> As for lines it does work well though.

No idea, what goes wrong in your case. I didn't expect big differences
for polygons at resolutions <=20. In my test cases there I can't see any
difference. I have just tested. Polygons looks a bit ugly with or
without the recent change.

I know, that the dp filter is not really optimal for cleaning up
polygons in general. Maybe needs an other approach...

Johann