logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [index] Automatic location completion

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Fri Mar 4 18:54:16 GMT 2011

El 03/03/11 20:40, WanMil escribió:
> I have improved calculation of the country information. In case no
> country information is available the most used country in a tile is
> used for all elements without country tag.
>
> The patch now patches the trunk and no longer the index branch.
>
> I have observed that lots of POIs are assigned the default country
> although I they are assigned a different country. I have no clue where
> this happens.
> Maybe an index related problem? I was hoping that Steves commit today
> would fix that problem but it didn't.
My findings with your v3 patch:
1-Streets are now correctly assigned to cities, instead of suburbs or
nearest (wrong) cities. Great!
2-State/Province field now includes regions and provinces, not only
regions as with v2 of your patch. Spanish regions (admin_level=4
according to [1]) are formed by one or generally more than one province
(admin_level=6), so every province is part of a region. According to
that, a place found in a province should also be found in the matching
region, but this is not the case; some places are assigned to provinces
and others are assigned to regions.
3-A new country has appeared in the Mediterranean coast of Spain, called
Maresme;Barcelona;Catalunya;España (coming from node 418639079 or way
37229141). Another buggy new country is Vega de Valcarce;León;Castilla y
León;España,Europe (node 474558975)
4-"España" and "Europe" are found under State/Province.
5-The problem with State/Province info not taken into account when the
country field is filled in any of the search tabs remains.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:admin_level#admin_level