logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] dropping place:village, hamlet, suburb in city search

From Martin Boensch mkmap at snailrun.de on Wed Mar 2 09:39:06 GMT 2011

> Am 19.02.2011 07:08, schrieb maning sambale:
>
>> The idea is to declutter the city search of these minor places and
>> just the actual city/town will be used to index streets and cities.
> There would be a disadvantage:
>
> I assume the assignment of streets to cities works by searching
> the nearest place-node.
>
> This works better if taking the village und suburbs into account
> because the density is higher.
>
> I'm a littlebit amused that nobody seems to fully understand
> the location-autofill algorithm. ;-)
>
> Sould look into the source code but java isn't my mother language...

Is there any solution for this problem?
I finally build my first map with index option.
When I search for streets or crossroads I can choose the Country and the city. I also found the City Dresden,DEU (http://snailrun.de/images/MapSearch/1.jpg), but also all suburbs, located in Dresden (Plauen in Dresden, http://snailrun.de/images/MapSearch/5.jpg).
When I try to search for streets in Dresden I only get a few of them. When I search in Plauen, Dresden I find other streets.

Thx