logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [index] Automatic location completion

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Mar 1 22:20:44 GMT 2011

>>> 2-The list of countries has grown from ESP (España), España (ESP) to Es,
>>> ESP (España), España (ESP), Gribraltar / United Kingdom, Spain,
>>> Territorial water of Ibiza and Territorial waters of Mallorca. Could we
>>> have some mechanism to unify all forms of a country in a single one,
>>> i.e. Es, ESP, España, Spain and Territorial water...->España? Maybe
>>> LocatorConfig.xml could/should do that.
>>>
>> Yes, fully agree. I have fixed that in my local code and it's working fine.
>>
> Could you use it also for regions?

Of course it would be possible although you get the problem of
maintaining this list.

>>> 3-When the country field is filled in any of the search tabs,
>>> State/Province info is not taken into account.
>>>
>> Mmmh, could you also try that with the trunk? At the moment I have no
>> idea why the autolocation could be the reason for this.
>>
> I tried, and if you give a State/Province only places in it are found.

Ok, so it seems a problem caused not only by the autolocation.

>>> 4-When searching for a street, city, region and country information is
>>> missing in the results list. Searching for a street+city doesn't work;
>>> street+(State/Province | Country) does work.
>>>
>> Aah, I tried to compile Spain and I got the same results. I have to look
>> into it. Compiling of Germany was VERY fine.
>> First result: some administrative boundaries seems to be not closed
>> (e.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/346488). Up to now
>> the code works with closed boundaries only. This has to be improved.
>>
> This boundary is open by the coast side, as many others (¿all?) in
> Spain. Something similar to the close-gaps in the sea generation could
> do the trick.

That's not a nice job to do... We might continue the boundaries along
coastlines. This would be a job for a specialized BoundaryRelation class
that inherits from MultiPolygonRelation.

I have finished my checks with Spain and the result is perplexing: The
splitted tiles do not contain any boundary tag. I have used splitter
r164. The .pbf file does contain them. So it seems to be a splitter bug
(or I have used it wrong).

WanMil