logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1867: Translate leisure=track into a line (footway) unless area=yes.

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Mar 1 18:10:44 GMT 2011

>> Multi polygon relations make the area tag redundant.
>
> WanMil, could we automatically add area=yes to all multipolygon relation
> members? Or perhaps mkgmap:area=yes?

All polygons created by the multipolygon algorithm are tagged with
mkgmap:stylefilter=polygon, which means that such tagged ways are only
used with the polygon style. The source ways of the multipolygon are
tagged with mkgmap:stylefilter=polyline, so that they are only handled
by the line style. This allows to visualize boundaries although the
boundary multipolygon is not fully contained in the tile.

 From my point of view, the area tag is relevant for tags that could
either be used as line or as polygon. If you create a square tagged with
highway=pedestrian the place inbetween could either belong to the
pedestrian area (area=yes) or could be not accessible (area=no or not
set). But I admit that the area tag was used in multiple variants and I
am not a very up2date in OSM tagging guidelines.

WanMil