logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POIs for areas

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Mar 1 18:01:28 GMT 2011

On 01.03.2011 18:32, Torsten Leistikow wrote:
> Felix Hartmann schrieb am 28.02.2011 22:55:
>>    BTW here are the changes as patch applied against 1871. I think it
>> would be worthwhile adding it to the trunk.
> I removed my change-markings from the files and attached the cleaned source
> files. (I still haven't figured out how to provide a proper patch)
I use TortoiseSVN mainly (as my dev machine is a windows server). There
is a button where you can click on "create patch" - then select the
files you want to have for the patch, and voila. Actually simpler than
applying a patch (where you might have conflicts if patch is outdated).
> Certainly I am in favour of commiting this change, but be aware, that the change
> is not backward compatible: The add-pois-to-areas argument is not supported any
> more.

Well I could easily offer a sensible patch for the polygons file, to
include sensible POI (like all amenity but no landuse as there are no
responding categories in the search fields anyhow).