logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1867: Translate leisure=track into a line (footway) unless area=yes.

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Feb 28 12:04:17 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:26:39AM +0000, Dave F. wrote:
>Could you expand on what you mean by footway?

I mean the same as highway=footway, or
{add access = no; add foot = yes} [0x16 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 23]

My reasoning was that sports tracks may or may not be closed from the
general public. When not in use, they could be used as shortcuts by
pedestrians, but not necessarily for other means of transportation.

>I've recently tagged a running track (leisure=track) as closed way
>relations (inner & outer) to form an area but don't use the area=yes
>tag. Would that display correctly?

The wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dtrack says
that leisure=track is to be used on nodes and ways. This hints that you
should add area=yes when you mean an area.

When it comes to sport=cycling, I guess that we could add bicycle=yes,
but are there really so many cycling tracks in the OSM data? Wouldn't it
be simpler to add the bicycle=yes to the source data, to those tracks
that are available for the general public outside sports events?

	Marko