logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multipolygon problem

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Sat Feb 26 13:36:50 GMT 2011

2011/2/26 WanMil <wmgcnfg at web.de>:

>> Could mkgmap be aware of the tile borders when closing polygons? When
>> the open endpoints are within the current tile, do not close the
>> polygon, and possibly emit a complaint to the error log. When the
>> endpoints are outside the current tile borders, close by adding lines
>> along the tile borders?
>
> That should be no problem.

That would be a really cool feature!

I used to create height relief maps from srtm contour lines with
mkgmap (see http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9595/img0854oj.jpg) but I
had to close all lines around the tile borders manually in josm...

If this worked, we could create height relief maps for any place automatically!

-Martin