logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tile Border Artifact with --generate-sea

From Bill Lancashire bill.lancashire at o2.co.uk on Fri Feb 25 11:13:37 GMT 2011

Bill Lancashire <bill.lancashire <at> o2.co.uk> writes:

> I have just noticed 'thin blue line' (I estimate about 1 pixel wide)
> along every tile edge )or border).  This is more obvious when I 'zoom
> out' and it highlights my tiles because there is this blue sea-coloured
> border around them.
>
> I am using the Geofabrik GB OSM download and my relevant compile line is:
> --generate-sea:no-mp, extend-sea-sectors, close-gaps=10000.
>
> Currently using mkgmap version 1827
>
> Has this been seen before and Is there a setting for me to avoid this?.

Just a bit more information:

Strangely, I can see the blue lines at the tile borders on my
 Garmin GPSMAP 62s but NOT on the Etrex Legend HcX of my Wife.  This is
using the exact same TYP file.

On examining the screen with magnifier it seems that the lines are 2 pixels
 wide
so I guess this is a one-pixel 'sea' border added to each tile boundary.

Any ideas?.