logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and values with semicolon in it

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Feb 24 23:51:09 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, WanMil wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I haven't found anything about this beside a very old mail,
> > that mkgmap does not support it.
> > There are several entries with key=value1;value2, means there
> > are several values with a semicolon seperated.
> > All this entries are missing in my created map, so I assume
> > that this still does not work? Or should it be?
> >
> > One of my rules for example is:
> > amenity=vending_machine&  (vending=parcel_pickup | vending=parcel_mail_in) ..
> >
> > The entries with:
> > amenity=vending_machine
> > vending=parcel_pickup
> >
> > or
> >
> > amenity=vending_machine
> > vending=parcel_mail_in
> >
> > are rendered, but all points with:
> >
> > amenity=vending_machine
> > vending=parcel_pickup;parcel_mail_in
> >
> > are not. Can mkgmap really not handle that? Is there any
> > workaround?
> >
> >    Thanks,
> >     Thorsten
> >

> Thorsten,
>
> what would you expect?
> - Two POIs at the same location?
> - One POI at the same location?
> - Two POIs at the same location if the two tags will be assigned with
> different garmin ids and one POI if will be assigned with same garmin id?

My expectation is that mkgmap handles "vending=parcel_pickup;parcel_mail_in"
in the same way as if there are two tags:
"vending=parcel_pickup"
and
"vending=parcel_mail_in"

If there are one or two POIs at the same location would
depend on the rules in the style file. As of today, where you
can put two POIs at the same location, too.

Currently there is a mismatch between what the OSM API 0.6
allows/requires and mkgmap makes out of them. And I don't think
that rewriting all rules in something like "key~'.*value*.' is a
good idea.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)