logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [index] Automatic location completion

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Feb 24 20:47:10 GMT 2011

> Hi,
> if you just want to complete addr:*-tag, it's good to use addr:* prefix.

I don't understand. Where should I use the addr:* prefix?

> But I think this isn't useful for searching streets, because many
> streets in OSM haven't any correspondending addr:-tags.
>
> If you want to set add:* directly to the streets, I think another prefix
> would be better, just to keep it seperate.

I have chosen the addr: tags consciously because they are already
handled by mkgmap. I don't see a big advantage to invent a new tag for
which new special handling must be implemented. Am I wrong?

WanMil