logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter issue

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Feb 21 23:06:59 GMT 2011

Hi Scott

> What approach are you thinking of?
>
> One constraint in my design is that I didn't want to have one thread
> for each output file because there could be>5000 output files.

This thing that I don't like is that the InputQueueInfo's submit
themselves onto a queue and that they can add themselves more than once,
and that more items can be added while the work batches are being processed.

So two threads could pick up the same work unit, and although the
synchronized block should stop them interfering, one thread is blocked
doing nothing when this happens, potentially for a long time.

Steve