logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POIs for areas

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sat Feb 19 17:30:14 GMT 2011

Moin,

I have taken a look at the add-pois-to-areas function:
The function is implemented in MAPMaker.java (makeAreaPOIs), which means, it is
active, AFTER the processing of the osm-data. So without a greater change this
function can not be modified to be controlled by action rules during the style
controlled osm-data processing.

So I tried a limited modification, its not perfekt but for me it is an
improvement over the actual implementation. This does not allow to create POIs
for areas without the creation of a polygon (as a workaround a transparent
polygon can be created). But the modification allows to control the POI
generation for each polygon type on its own, i.e. via the style file single
polygon types can be selected for the POI generation.

My modification disables the add-pois-to-areas command line option, instead the
POI generation is now triggered by a new command "add_poi" in the element type
definition in the polygon style, e.g.: amenity=bank [0x2f06 level 3 add_poi]

Since I am not really familiar with my java environment, I can not provide my
modification as a patch, instead you will find the modified files attached to
this mail. I have marked my changes with "//TTT-start" and "//TTT-end".

Gruss
Torsten