logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --make-cycleways labels invisible

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Feb 16 13:58:34 GMT 2011

On 16.02.2011 14:37, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:31:26AM +0100, Minko wrote:
>> If I use the option --make-opposite-cycleways or --make-all-cycleways,
>> an extra label is placed with "street (cycleway)". Is it possible to
>> turn this label off or make it invisible in the style line file and
>> how?
> I believe that you could imitate --make-opposite-cycleways in the style
> file, by using the continue or continue_with_actions action. Perhaps we
> should introduce a opposite_cycleways style as a substyle of the default
> style?

I think this option should be removed. It does far less than what one
can do using continue / continue with_actions (note not
continue_with_actions sic!) and does less than what one would expect to
be done (think of all the possible variations to indicate cycling
allowed against the opposite flow of traffic like bicycle:oneway=no;
oneway:bicycle=no; whereas cycleway=opposite does not actually indicate
that one may cycle against the flow of traffic, could be just on the
wrong side - better would be bicycle:oneway=no/yes plus cycleway:right
and cycleway:left or cycleway:both (which all again do not tell their
direction of traffic).