logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address & city country name assignment.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Feb 16 11:23:07 GMT 2011

On 16/02/11 10:42, Henning Scholland wrote:
>> -how do the different location-autofill options work?
>> -what is the algorithm for getting the region for a place?
>> -how are streets assigned to cities?
>> -what is the purpose of the LocatorConfig.xml file?

> Don't forget the importanrs point: How to use it. :-)

We could also consider having a different file format.
It may be better to have a file for each country
to make it easy for people to contribute for their country.

I've nothing against XML, but for this kind of configuration a list
of key=value pairs works just as well.

eg:
full-name = United Kingdom
abbreviation = GBR
etc...

They can be combined during the build if that makes sense.

..Steve