logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Converting mkgmap generated maps to Mac format (was Index branch - success!)

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Sat Feb 12 15:59:33 GMT 2011

El 11/02/11 23:58, Clinton Gladstone escribió:
> On Feb 11, 2011, at 22:31, flabot at googlemail.com wrote:
>

>> Compiled germany with it. Compiling works.
>> Copy gmap.img to 60CSX. Map works. Search same as in older days.
>> Do i need Mapsource ? use OS X 10.6 ;-(
>>
> Just to update: I have now successfully transferred a map on Mac OS X to my Nüvi. Address search works.
>
> To review, this is my workflow:
>
> 1. Compile map with mgkmap using the --tdbfile  option.
>
> 2. Use gmapi-builder.py to compile the .img and other map files to a .gmapi file.
>
> 3. Use Garmin MapManager to install the .gmapi file on your Mac. (The installed file can be viewed with Garmin BaseCamp.
>
> 4. Use Garmin MapInstall to transfer the map to your GPS device. (Using a card reader is normally the fastest method.)
I use gmapi-builder.py to transform my maps into BaseCamp format, but it
fails with those containing an Ñ (from España) in  --country-name
--area-name --family-name or series-name. Do you know a way to get it
compiling? (other than changing España by Spain)