logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index branch - success!

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Feb 12 12:20:03 GMT 2011

On 12/02/11 11:27, Chris66 wrote:

Hello

> SCHWERWIEGEND (BlockManager): overflowed directory with max block 65534,
> current=65535
>
> Exception in thread "main" uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.MapFailedException:
> Too many blocks. Use a larger block size with an option such as
> --block-size=4096 or --block-size=8192
> 	at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.BlockManager.allocate(BlockManager.java:58)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.FileNode.write(FileNode.java:241)
> 	at
> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.combiners.GmapsuppBuilder.copyFile(GmapsuppBuilder.java:377)

This error is being caused while creating the gmapsupp.img.  That is
the one place where the block size is adjusted automatically and so
the option does not have an affect.

Obviously there must be a bug when the size is very close to a
boundary needing a larger block size.  I think that changing anything
so that the size is a little larger or smaller will work round the
problem. (From your next message I see you changed the size of the
tiles which probably changed the size of the gmapsupp a bit).

..Steve