logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index branch - success!

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Fri Feb 11 22:58:13 GMT 2011

On Feb 11, 2011, at 22:31, flabot at googlemail.com wrote:

> Compiled germany with it. Compiling works.
> Copy gmap.img to 60CSX. Map works. Search same as in older days.
> Do i need Mapsource ? use OS X 10.6 ;-(

Just to update: I have now successfully transferred a map on Mac OS X to my Nüvi. Address search works.

To review, this is my workflow:

1. Compile map with mgkmap using the --tdbfile  option.

2. Use gmapi-builder.py to compile the .img and other map files to a .gmapi file.

3. Use Garmin MapManager to install the .gmapi file on your Mac. (The installed file can be viewed with Garmin BaseCamp.

4. Use Garmin MapInstall to transfer the map to your GPS device. (Using a card reader is normally the fastest method.)

Cheers.