logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to fix amenity=shelter in the default style?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Feb 2 19:31:57 GMT 2011

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 01:26:11PM +0000, SomeoneElse wrote:
>> I have not used the 0x2f14 so far, because its Garmin Finnish
>> translation says 'social welfare office'.
>In English it's "Social Service" which is about as vague.

I believe that it was translated from that string without making any
attempt to establish the context. The Finnish translation is
unambiguous.

There are mistranslations in the Edge 705 menu labels as well: Units is
'laitteet' (devices) and the imperial unit of elevation is miles, not
feet in Finnish. I wonder if anyone has bothered to complain to Garmin.
It has been the same in all firmware versions that I have tried.

	Marko