logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to fix amenity=shelter in the default style?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Feb 2 07:40:21 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 09:19:46PM +0000, SomeoneElse wrote:
>Apologies if I'm duplicating discussion that's already been had, as I'm
>coming late to this, but how about one of the 0x2f ones that only
>renders as a square dot*  with a default name, perhaps?
>
>0x2f|0x10|23  others|personal-service|
>0x2f|0x14|23  others|social-service|

Well, I would not want to pollute the hairdresser list with shelters.
This is getting funny. Think about this scenario: Someone has been
hiking and camping for weeks in the forests and is looking for the
closest hairdresser, so that he can return to civilization without
scaring too many people. And all he gets is another hiking shelter. :-)

I have not used the 0x2f14 so far, because its Garmin Finnish
translation says 'social welfare office'. I can imagine that shelters
could be used by the homeless, but somehow such tagging feels
inappropriate.

	Marko