logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] rev 1813 - Zero mapname. hex=0, map=0

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Feb 1 22:42:13 GMT 2011

On 01.02.2011 23:40, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> On 01/02/11 22:31, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>> Zero mapname. hex=0 map=0
>>
>> Anything one can do to solve this? Or what does it mean?
>
> I put that in especially for your problem, see previous message.
>
> It seems that I was right, somehow there is a map with a mapname of 0
> (00000000) in there.
>
> But it still doesn't give me enough information to help further. I will
> put in another change that prints out the file name of the img that is
> responsible.
>
> ..Steve
Well the mapset_mdr.img is now only about 10% of its usual size. Also
find places is greyed out. Using an older (rev 1811) mdr.img from backup
but continuing with new maps/new mdx makes Mapsource crash (complete
shut down, not only crash and then resume as normal). I have no clue how
a mapname of 0 could come to exist. Maybe one of my patches - though
none should in theory affect mkgmap? Will try an unpatched rev 1813 to
look for eventual improvements...